Long standing members of Newark Business Club, Bazzoo have been using their advocacy skills to help press for improved rail services on the East Midlands Castle line.
Marketing consultancy is a key component of the agency’s services.
Working closely with Newark Business Club, Action Group and rail transport specialist Bob Poynter (pictured below right with James Fountain), Bazzoo have helped put a response together to the DoT (Department of Transport) in respect to East Midlands rail franchise. The 58-page document specifically identifies the need for faster journey times by rail from Newark to cities in the Midlands by improving the train service from Newark Castle.
The key objectives of the submission are to :
- deliver economic, financial and social benefits across the East Midlands by improving connectivity,
- contribute towards accelerating housing and job growth and the associated tax take,
- drive a modal shift in journeys from road to rail,
- make a significant contribution towards the Government’s objective to improve air quality especially in Derby and the four Air Quality Management Areas served by the Midland Main Line where there are dangers to human health.
The pro-bono assignment, has in the past included the setting up of Railfair.co.uk a dedicated website aim at garnering support for better rail services between Newark, the cities of Nottingham and Lincoln and greater rail connectivity with the rest of Britain. An on-line petition was set up and key opinion formers were approached to add weight to the campaign which successfully improved investment and services on the line.
Phase 2 has been to influence the framework of services to be provided under the letting of a new franchise agreement and Scott Williams a graduate intern with Bazzoo has been working with Bob, to create a series of infographics designed to illustrate and explain some of the more complex tenets of the report which include:
- Proposed Hour Train Service Standard Hour Pattern
- Proposed Standard Off-Peak – Hour Service Pattern
- Imbalance of Investment on rail investment (per head) – 2014/15
Bazzoo offer a comprehensive marketing consultancy including research, strategy & planning, interim cover and mentoring.
For an informal discussion please call us on 01636 821607.